- In early June, we collected dozens of trashbags of plastic at TiLT
- Wed June 10 ten folks gathered for a workshop at TiLT, and we constructed two huge wall panels
- Friday June 12: we trucked the panels, tons more plastic, and all other materials up to Daniel Herrera’s RYNO site in Questa
and are about half way finished with our shed project–and we NEED MORE PLASTIC!Please share this email with people and institutions you trust–we are expanding our circle, wanting more trustworthy sources to drop off CLEAN, WASHED smashed plastic at TiLT.
For anyone who wants to make a drop off, here is the process:
1) text or email Todd so we can arrange a date and time. 575 770 8681
2) we are seeking CLEAN, WASHED smashed plastic of most any kind–bags included
3) Drop it only in sturdy large garbage bags labeled with your name and phone number.
Thanks for your help! We’re gonna build again Friday June 19, and we want more PLASTIC!! 🙂
KTAOTaoseanos – JULY 4th: There will be another CODEPINK PEACE CARAVAN, similar to our memorial day caravan. Meet at KTAO parking lot at 11:45 with banners on your car: Climate, Peace, Black Lives Matter, Immigrant Rights, Health Care Workers, whatever message of peace and unity you wish to convey and bring hope to our community. Wear your mask, physical distancing and safety in our cars. Pass it on. Our usual Arroyo Seco parade cannot be – so we’ll create a car parade. Peace Caravan will travel about starting at Noon.
Essentials for you and anyone who many need it:
New Mexico coronavirus hotline: 1-855-600-3453
Fill out your 2020 Census Form:
Support vulnerable communities:
Taos Immigrant Allies
McKinley Mutual Aid is based/focused in McKinley County, NM (Gallup, Zuni, Crownpoint . . .).
https://ourindigenouslifeways.org/ there’s a “donate now” link on this page
Navajo and Hopi Families COVID-19 relief is based out of Tuba City, AZ and works reservation-wide/particularly on the Arizona side.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/navajo-amp-hopi-families-covid19-relief?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet to donate
SAVE THE DATE:
Taos United/Taoseños Unidos Community Forum (via Zoom):
July 21st. More details to follow.
Join us online: taosunited.org and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TaosUnitedTaosenosUnidos/
Meeting (via Zoom) at our regular time: 3 PM on Thursdays
for information, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org)