Minutes TU/TU Board Meeting
November 28, 2018
8:30 – 10:30
Home of Marjorie Luckey
I All present: Bob Bresnahan, Megan O’Reilly, Marjorie Luckey, and Melissa Moe. Diane Shifrin, TU/TU Communications, also present.
II Minutes from 9.13.18 meeting approved.
III Treasurer Report. Marjorie Luckey. Present balance of $1,457.94 will cover balance due on website as well as SOS & IRS fees of $685.
IV Name Change. Megan. Filing almost complete, approval from SOS, then file with IRS. An involved multi part process. $25 fee, then $10 for filing fees. IRS $650.
V Bylaws. Recommended changes approved and signed. Moved, 2nd, passed to dissolve Taos United Inc and resume activity as Taos United/Taoseños Unidos. Moved, 2nd & passed that all Nusenda assets be moved to newly named entity. Marjorie will look into filing a financial report with SOS office.
- Website. Megan & Marjorie. In process.
- FB – Diane is organizing. Posting criteria: action, positive or educational.
- Action Alerts. Team has resigned, burned out. A couple of new people have volunteered. Considered reducing frequency and quantity. Establish a pace for the long term – a monthly unified action? Load multiple actions on FB page which will be mirrored on the website.
- MailChimp analysis. Diane. Membership has grown by 100 since last summer. We have 476 members to date. 137 participants regularly open TU/TU emails.
- Postcard Posse. Diane. Very successful effort. When there are special bills, they plan to resume activity. Primary focus on State legislative action, as well as special elections nationwide. TUTU will provide funding for postcards.
VII Special Events.
- Megan. Sierra Club looking for co-host for lobbyist trainings around the State. Will look into specifics. Perhaps interface with Sandra Duckert Advocacy Training.
- Melissa. Sandra Duckert of Results. Advocacy Training – Sat. Jan. 5th, 10 – 3, at KCEC. Free of charge.
- Marjorie. Possibility of holding special Forum in January for meetings w/ SOS & Land Commissioner to hear about their legislative agenda.
VII Community Forums.
- Bob will look into use of meeting space at KCEC.
- Terrific meeting set up for Dec 4th! Melissa picking up posters to go up around town today. Please send emails to friends w/ poster.
- January 15th Forum in process of organizing.
VIII Moving forward.
- HEALTH CARE. Marjorie is working on reorganizing a steering committee meeting on Dec 5th with Mary Feldblum of Health Care for New Mexicans.
- Dec – March focus. LEGISLATIVE ISSUES. All progressive issue groups in NM are collaborating. Adalante Caucus – setting up mechanism for people/teams to take a day in Santa Fe to attend meetings.
- April onward. Issue based canvassing – the Moss Group trained Adelante Caucus. Enhance ‘megaphone’ function.
- Local elections. School board, Jim Sanborn.
- Taos Youth Votes. Pursuing a seat on the school board for a high school student. Written submissions from 18-25 yr olds for art, written pieces, poetry – your vote is your voice, your silence is surrender.
Melissa Moe, secretary