Minutes TU/TU Board Meeting
9-13-18 9 until 12
Home of Marjorie Luckey
All members present:
Bob Bresnahan, Marjorie Luckey, Megan O’Reilly and Melissa Moe
2019 Forums will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at KCEC
1 Minutes from June 29, 2018 meeting approved.
2 Treasurer’s report & budget proposal
- Marjorie shared complete accounting of TU/TU
- Current balance $507.78.
- Income since 7/31/17 of $ 2,040.
- We are receiving approx $3-5 per attendee at monthly meetings
- Recurring $5/mo Nusenda Fee – – need min balance of $750 to avoid
- Arjuna Capital, Gina Azzari and KCEC to be listed as Supporters on website
- Anticipated expenses thru 9/19: website, legal fees, educational forums.
- 2 educ forums, 1 every 6 months a good goal. $2500 a good estimate.
- Income – KCEC though Bob will donate $250 to TU in 2018 & 19.
- Need to raise $1600-2000 by 9/19 to meet expenses.
Marjorie presented a 2 page Website Pitch, useful for fundraising and to provide an account of TU/TU activity and accomplishment on the website. Bob suggested we publish this as our annual report, using Gina Azzari’s template.
Possibilities for fundraising: our participant list, Denise Forte and the LOR Foundation.
4 NAME CHANGE & 501c4 DESIGNATION – Megan
We can file in NM immediately fairly easily. $25. Articles of incorporation. Megan will act as register agent. 4 Board members will stand as agents of incorporation
For IRS: File notice of intent, $50 w/in 60 days of organizing. Use online account. File 1024A for recognition of status from IRS, saying we are tax exempt, costs $600. Given our size, Megan thinks not necessary. Bob suggested we file. $675 fees in total.
Must file IRS 990 form annually. Could be charged penalty since this was never filed. Once we have done all this, as recom by SOS office, need date of dissolution and then final report needs to be filed. Megan suggested choosing Oct. 15 as dissolution date. Fee for dissolving present status, $10.
Need list of assets. Once Beth is paid next fee for website, we will be filing in debt, and new organization of TU/TU will take on. Requesting tax clearance. Megan will discover requirements going forward.
5 WEBSITE Beth Levine has had extenuating circumstance which has delayed website completion. Megan will meet w/ her today to create firm goal.
6 FORUM Terry Surguine has joined Marjorie & Melissa on the Forum Steering Committee. We need to establish guidelines for 10 min and possibly 20 min presentations. Present requirement – the speaker must have an ‘ask.’
November 6th – election day ideas
- declare a day of ACTION – signs on the corner. Get out to vote!
- Take your I voted sticker to a coffee shop for a raffle ticket.
- Banner across the Paseo – VOTE today !
- Your sphere of influence – identify your companions to come out to vote! Here is who I am supporting, write your friends…
- Marjorie will organize a presentation w/ her issue group to present at our next Forum.
December 4th meeting – Focus on NM legislative session. Research bills under consideration, mobilize our participants to attend. Megan suggested we follow up in Jan 15th meeting – invite Sanders Moore & others to speak. Issues: drawing of district lines, an appointed PRC, vote by mail.
7 TU post election. Legislative watch group. Organize/mobilize our participants to attend and lobby
Need to reconstitute our issue groups.
Education – website to be an informative source
Voting rights group
Health Care group – w/ local & state focus
Economic development in our community
Discussion to be continued.